The make accessible action wizard is a tool that can help get a tag structure into a PDF so that you can begin making it accessible. This workflow can be implemented with almost any document. Important note: this process may overwrite any other work you have done in any other programs.
Add the Action Wizard from the tools menu
The first step is to ensure you have the proper tool setup in Adobe acrobat pro.
- Select the tools menu
- Find the Action Wizard tool under customize
- Select Add
Run the Action Wizard Video Overview
The following videos can be used to review the action wizard: Action Wizard Playlist on YouTube
Text Overview of how to Run the Action Wizard
1. Select Action Wizard from the Tools Menu
2. Then select Make Accessible
3. Select Start
4. Run through all of the pop up windows
Each one of the pop ups provides a significant piece to the accessibility process.
- Set the meta data
- Recognize Text
- Form fields
- Set Reading Language
- Apply alternate text to images
- Accessibility checker
5. Review the tags panel and continue making accessible
This process is meant to get a tag structure into the document. It does NOT mean your document is now accessible.