Video Overview of how to reduce the file size of a PDF
This video will be perfect if there are no errors in your file.
How to reduce the file size
It can be pretty quick to reduce the file size of a document if there are no issues. The first step is to select the File button > Save as Other > Reduced File size
This should reduce the file size of the file overall, but if there are problems, please check out the video below:
Video overview – ERROR
This video will be helpful if you are getting an error in this reduced file size process.
This process had to use a third-party tool called Callas PDF Tool box.
Here are some features and benefits of pdfToolbox:
- PDF Pre-flight and Correction: pdfToolbox allows users to check their PDF files for potential issues before printing or sharing them. This pre-flight check feature is invaluable to prevent costly errors or inaccuracies. When issues are detected, the software can often correct them automatically or suggest potential solutions.
- PDF Optimization: pdfToolbox can help reduce the file size of PDFs, making them more manageable for sharing or web publishing. This feature is particularly useful when working with large, complex PDFs that contain high-resolution images and graphics.
- PDF Editing: The software allows users to perform a range of editing tasks on PDFs. These tasks include adding or removing pages, adding headers or footers, cropping, and more.
- Color Management: pdfToolbox provides comprehensive color management tools. These tools can convert colors to different color spaces, manage transparency, and more.
- Automated Processing: callas pdfToolbox can be set up to process large numbers of PDFs automatically, saving time and increasing efficiency. This can be particularly useful for businesses that regularly work with high volumes of PDFs.
- PDF Compliance: The software can check if a PDF is compliant with various standards, such as PDF/A for archiving, PDF/X for printing, and PDF/UA for accessibility.
Rather learn how to make your PDFs accessible on your own?